Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Peter DiCampo

A friend sent me a link to Peter DiCampo's work a couple month's back and I decided to post it on here. These photographs are truly amazing and this young photojournalist has already accomplished quite a bit in his short career. I was initially drawn to his work because DiCampo worked as a Peace Corps volunteer in Ghana, where I studied abroad in the Spring of 2008.

His collection titled "Life without Lights" is a fantastic exposition of life in rural Ghana. In these photos, he used a flashlight to illuminate the lives of his subjects going about their nightly duties, whether working or dancing. Hope he doesn't mind that I ripped this photo of him off his facebook ; ). Check out the links below to his site and a New York Times article about him.


New York Times article about DiCampo's "Life without Lights" project.

Peter DiCampo's Web site.

No comments: